Please note this is a draft schedule only. Further details and final schedule to be provided.
Thursday 31 October 2019
TAF2019 is offering a full day of seven one-hour introductory workshops for new or emerging writers seeking new pathways or established writers seeking inspiration. Have you ever wanted to understand how to:
- Write a screenplay?
- Be published in a literary magazine?
- Win a crime fiction short story competition?
- Smash out your next novel in one month with NaNoWriMo?
- Show your book love the modern way - on YouTube?
Choose one workshop, a combination or take a deep breath and plunge into an entire day of new ideas and knowledge.
All classes are $35, incl. GST, no discounts.
1. An Introduction to Writing for Literary Magazines, Alan Vaarwerk, Kill Your Darlings
2. An Introduction to Screen Writing, Chris Gallagher, Legend
3. An Introduction to Writing Short Stories, Dr Rosie Dub, Centre for Story
4. An Introduction to Short Story Competitions, Lindy Cameron, Sisters in Crime Australia
5. An Introduction to Writing Crime Fiction, Dr Meggan Vann, Corella Press
6. An Introduction to BookTube – Modern Book Love for Readers, Cassandra Wunsch, Tasmanian Writers Centre
7. An Introduction to NaNoWriMo: Ready, Set, Go!, Monissa Whitely, NaNoWriMo Tasmania
TAF2019 is offering a concurrent Masterclass Program on Thursday.