Join Sulari Gentill, celebrated author of the Rowland Sinclair series and winner of the 2018 Ned Kelly Award, in this exclusive literary salon for just four (4) guests.
You'll have one hour to ask Sulari all your burning questions regarding:
- the creation of Rowland Sinclair, including the inspiration behind the dapper 1930s gentleman's bohemian world of artists, politicians and murder,
- the startling parallels between Rowland's world and our own society today,
- Sulari's process for drafting each instalment in the series,
- the breakthrough that led to her award-wining novel, Crossing the Lines, and
- the realities of life as a full-time author.
The salon will be held prior to the Hadley's Orient Afternoon Tea & Readings Literary Fundraiser. Guests in the salon will also be seated at Sulari's table during the afternoon tea (afternoon tea ticket to be purchased separately).
Fundraising - $1 = $2
Sulari has kindly included Tasmania in her tour to support fundraising for the new Huon Valley writers festival, the Terror Australis Readers and Writers Festival (TAF2019).
$100 from every salon ticket sold goes to fundraising. All funds raised will be matched dollar for dollar by MATCH Lab ($1 = $2). The $100 from each ticket becomes $200.
$200 will pay for the equivalent of 15 minutes of a free children's event within the TAF2019 Children's Program. If all 4 seats at the salon sell, this event will support the equivalent of 1 hour of free children's progamming at the festival.
Your support is deeply appreciated.
Where: Hadley's Orient Hotel
When: 12.30pm to 1.30pm, Sunday 3rd March 2019
Cost: $120 + GST
A Private Salon
For readers who would prefer a private salon with Sulari, a 15 minute one-on-one may be possible.
As this event is part of a fundraising drive, tickets are not refundable. They are transferable up to 24 hours before the event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.